Friday, June 19, 2009

Artist Trading Cards

Well, Kate & I are off to Dunvegan, Ontario. It is about an hour from where she lives in Quebec and if you take the back roads it is a lovely drive. We got there a bit early so had lots of time to look at all the different ATCs displayed on the tables. There were 19 people there as well as about 4 mail-ins. People from all over Canada and the USA send them in to be traded. I was amazed at all the different ideas people had for the cards. When the trading began it was over very quickly as most people knew who they wanted to trade with. I did quite well with my trades in spite of my not really knowing how to go about it. Here are the ones I got to bring home with me. Click to enlarge.

I really enjoyed making the cards and meeting new people , even if it was just for a short time. I am already thinking about more advanced cards that I can make and maybe even start a group to do it in Northern Ontario where I live. The Dunvegan group was started by Ronna Mogelon, a delightful young woman. She puts out an ATC Quarterly magazine with lots of good stuff about the cards and more. You can reach her at ronnas blog. I will now try to do the link for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment