Friday, June 5, 2009

Getting Started

Meandered to Quebec for daughter Kate's 50th birthday and had many upbeat adventures. We got talking about blogs of which I know nothing and Kate said she could set me up with one and so here I am trying to make heads or tails of how to do this. I hope you will all be patient with me as I learn as I go.

A 50th birthday is very special and I wanted to do something different for Kate. I phoned, went on the internet and finally found someone who did lawn ornaments. They come between midnight and 5 a.m. to set them up, so it was quite a surprise for everyone in the morning. Kate and Jerry looked out the door perplexed and wondering what had happened to their lawn. Everyone got a good laugh out of them and many passers by stopped to look and chat about them. They were a big hit. Now I will try and put on a photo for you.

3 comments:

  1. despite my id I'm actually a mum of two 19/20'ish daughters and I have been so pleased to find your blog. You and Seeds of Joy seem to stand for so much that can be good in life. You bring to mind a book I read and re-read in 1985 called The Wanderground by Sally Miller Gearhart. It's probably long out of print, but it really made me think about what might have been, or what might yet be, in a world where women worked with women. It has been such a pleasure to make your acquaintance - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Ciann,
    I'm coming over from the site of your amazing kid (I'm nearly as old as she is)who you're celebrating here!
    I love this happy surprise you created and the photo is superbe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate's mum Ciann.
    I love this photo...what a special and funny thing to do!

    ReplyDelete